Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Julie Voss Hiskes


I was at a local clothing store today and came across a little girl, maybe 6 or 7 years old, convulsed in sobs because she couldn't find her mother. I went up to her and told her we could have her mom's name announced over the speakers in the store if we asked someone who worked there to do that for us. We found someone in the women's department and I explained that this little girl was lost in the store. She took her to the customer service department and made an announcement for the mother to come to the front of the store. I had to leave to pick up my own children from school, so I didn't see if/when the mom finally appeared, but as I left the store I caught myself thinking, "I wonder if that would count as an Act of Sethness?" I never met you or your son, but as you can see, even here in the south suburbs of Chicago, he's made a difference Bless you as you grieve the loss of your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment